Saturday, May 2, 2009

How this all got started

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....okay, so only five days ago and in San Francisco, Murphy-Goode Winery officially launched their newest, most likely biggest, job search ever - to search for Murphy-Goode's Wine Country Lifestyle Correspondent. This position is a six month contract to learn all there is about Murphy-Goode, the Sonoma wine life, and to essentially blog, post, and tweet about the experience. And did I mention it pays $10,000 a month? Umm, yeah.

So after the jaw dropping, WTF, pinching myself response, I thought seriously and said to myself, "I could do that". And I mean it. When I'm not working full-time for a pharmaceutical company, I work part-time at a wine store. I'm just geeky enough to document every wine I taste in my wine journal but still approachable enough to have a laid back conversation about wine. I read a lot about wine - grapes, soil composition, tasting notes, history, new advances in viticulture & viniculture, etc. I facebook and twitter practically all day long ( I hope no one from work is reading this!) and in terms of blogging, well, here you go. All I need to do is brainstorm for ideas for the video, which I'm guessing, accounts for 90% of the application process. Piece of cake, right?

To answer Murphy-Goode's question, "Are you in"? I say proudly and confidently to no one in my living room and to the blogosphere, Yes, I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment