Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Man Behind the Hype

This past Tuesday I had the great pleasure to meet Dave Ready, Jr., the winemaker at Murphy-Goode Winery, during his whirlwind tour of stops in the US to promote his Really Goode Job. I have to admit, meeting Dave Ready in person makes me love Murphy-Goode wines even more. I walk into Il Fornaio in the Denver Tech Center, where the wine meet & greet is being held, I am looking around and examining the schwag when Dave, whilst speaking with others, extends his hand out, introduces himself to me. Immediately, I'm pulled into the circle of conversation and a server immediately asks me which wine I would like to drink, the Fume or Liar's Dice Zin. The hour flew by quickly with countless questions by various inquiring fans. I asked Dave what he wanted to get out of this promotion, besides just an increase in sales. His reply was that he wanted to open up the communication with wine drinkers, to get them more informed of the process that goes into drinking a glass of Murphy-Goode wine. That makes sense. It's kinda like the difference between heating up a frozen pizza and making one from scratch. I don't know if anyone shares this opinion, but when I know it's homemade I feel like it automatically tastes better. All in all, Dave Ready has all the characteristics I would want in a friend - down to earth, passionate, and a sense of humor. Plus, he was in a band and had super long hair. How cool/funny is that?!?

Besides meeting Dave, I met some other cool people at the wine meet & greet, such as Bridgett, who runs Highlands Wineseller in Highlands Ranch, Sheryl who runs an internet business selling wine paraphernalia, and Rick Backas, another areallygoodejob applicant, who is just as cool in person as he is in his video. Check him out at rickbakas.com or vote for him for areallygoodejob here.

No comments:

Post a Comment