Monday, May 11, 2009

Moving along

This past weekend I fully intended on rehearsing my script, recording video, and practicing loading the video onto my blog. I think it's safe to say I didnt' get around to it today. But I did do the laundry, go to the gym, and I learned how to play some chords on the guitar. Overall, I'd say it was a productive weekend.

I do have a script that I wrote last weekend. I feel like it captures my passion but I'm afraid that it's too "commercial-ly". Plus I'm looking for lots of crazy ideas to make my video memorable. Send me an email or post a comment if you have any ideas. It's got to be better than the filming-underwater-with-kayak-sinking-behind-me idea that Spradley and I thought of last week, or the naked jogging idea that Meredith's sister suggested. Plus, let me know if you want to be in the video or help out in the production of it, or if you know anyone who is skilled at video production. In my head, using the script that I have, there's room for some extras! ;-) So far there are 53 videos posted at http://www.areallygoodejob.com/video-thumbs.aspx . There are a few videos that I like and if I weren't putting myself in the running, I could see myself voting for them. So I think my odds are good, well, they are at least better than winning the Powerball. But I still hold out hope...

A good wine to try, 2005 Clos du Val Cabernet Sauvignon. It usually goes for ~$30 and it's on sale for ~$24 at Bonnie Brae Liquors off of University. It's 85% Cab Sauv with the rest consisting of Merlot, Cab Franc, and Petite Verdot. Lots of black fruit on the nose. It's very smooth in the mouth, with almost sweet nuances and firm tannins. Very nice!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment